ITEC Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy Course
Learn field event massage and specialised sports massage techniques along with postural analysis, injury assessment and treatment - the whole package! You will also be able to offer massage, deep tissue massage and remedial massage. NOTE: This course INCLUDES Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy as one goes with the other to make one fantastic course
This course will give you a thorough understanding of:
- Corrective massage techniques and skills which enables you to work safely and effectively with people from all walks of life, in a wide range of situations
- Corrective exercise in relation to training, injury prevention
- Posture is also a key feature
You will be taught to treat your client for a specific need with the aim to prepare for an event – there is no such thing as a full body sports massage routine as every person you treat will have different requirements.
As well as the general therapeutic value of massage, you can also safely and effectively deal with many strains and sprains (known professionally as soft tissue inflammation) which are by far the most common and often cause considerable pain in the short term, sometimes leading to serious long-term problems.
Most injuries in sport are through overuse and the cause needs to be identified and remedied, otherwise the injury is likely to recur – non-sports people often have the same problems!
- Practical: Practical exam with ITEC examiner assessing the whole class together
- Anatomy and Physiology is included and is part of the course and has a half hour paper that you do in class. Plenty of classroom input for this important subject.
Free video so that you can practice with confidence in between classes!
You will find application, dates, fees and entry requirements etc at the bottom of this page
Your tutor, Lorraine Kirk is a successful sports massage therapist who also specialises in courses for men and women wanting to change their career. We have taught 100’s of students since 2005 who have done this life changing course and have gone to work in sports clubs, their own clinic, with professional atheltes etc...a growing industry