International Federation of Aromatherapy Diploma Course
The comprehensive Aromatherapy Massage Diploma course is designed so that you can become qualified in the art of Massage using essential (aromatherapy) oils. This will enhance any treatment AND after you qualify you will be a professional aromatherapist who can also give a holistic massage.
- You will qualify as a Level 3 Massage therapist three months into the course and can start practicing!
- The indepth journey to become an Aromatherapist continues with the bonus of being able to earn while you learn
- Safely make therapeutic blends using 60 individual essential oils and 30 fixed/carrier oils
- Deliver an Aromatherapy full body massage treatment.
- Understand the benefits and contraindications to Aromatherapy Massage, including the hazards and toxicity of essential oils
- Understand the chemistry of both aromatic and carrier/vegetable oils
- Understand the history and origins of Aromatherapy Massage
- Understand how the oils are absorbed by the body and how the sense of smell works
- Appreciate how aromatic plants are cultivated, how essential oils are extracted and how they can subsequently be adulterated
- Understand the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic properties of both essential oils and carrier oils
- Understand the botany and botanical origins of aromatic plants
- Understand the latest research into the effectiveness of both Aromatherapy and Massage
- How to apply essential oils using methods other than massage
- Undertake 60 case study treatments
- Undertake homework in your own time – including assignments, case studies (as above), a Research Project (approx 500 words based on existing research, ie you do not need to conduct your own research trial), a Business Plan and a Reflective Journal. Estimated home study time is 430 hours over the year (this includes A&P)
- Learn how to set up and run a successful therapy business.
- We don’t just want you to be a great Aromatherapist, we want you to be a successful Aromatherapist!
- You will find application, dates, fees and entry requirements etc at the bottom of this page
- Stress and anxiety related problems
- Muscular and rheumatic pains
- Digestive disorders
- PMT and menopausal complaints
- Skin problems, and many more……
Acupressure and lymphatic drainage techniques are included in the massage to aid toxin removal and deeper relaxation.
There is a practical exam at the end of the course with IFA examiner overseeeing the whole class and admiring your newly gained professionalism!
Marketing and Advertising are an important part of the course – we want you to succeed in business when you graduate Anatomy & Physiology is included – a separate
Massage qualification is included Students wishing to have the best training in Aromatherapy start here – you will join the IFA in order to qualify in Level 4/5 Aromatherapy with the International Federation of Aromatherapists.
The course begins right now – as soon as we receive your deposit, you may start the ITEC Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology course, then two months before the course starts you are sent the ITEC Massage course projects so that these have time to be completed before the course starts. With homework during the course and lots of practice between lessons, we want to give you as much time as possible to assimilate the information. We are the top training complementary therapy school in the area for Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Sports Massage.