ITEC Aromatherapy Massage Course September 2021
The comprehensive Aromatherapy Massage Diploma course is designed so that you can become qualified in the art of Massage using essential (aromatherapy) oils. This will enhance any treatment AND after you qualify you will be a professional aromatherapist who can also give a holistic massage. This course also will teach you how to manage and market your new business, helping you succeed! You gain TWO separate qualifications: ITEC Massage and also ITEC Aromatherapy Massage
‘Thanks again for a really useful session… I found it really useful getting feedback from a fellow student. I think you’re a brilliant tutor – always so positive and encouraging and cheerful! I do seriously think you are doing a grand job! (I’m not just trying to be a ‘girly swat’!) ?
What’s included in the course?
Acupressure and lymphatic drainage techniques are included in the massage to aid toxin removal and deeper relaxation.
Marketing and Advertising are an important part of the course – we want you to succeed in business when you graduate Anatomy & Physiology is included – a separate
A separate Massage qualification is included Students wishing to have the best training in Aromatherapy start here
- You will qualify as a Level 3 Massage therapist three months into the course and can start practising!
- The in-depth journey to become an Aromatherapist continues with the bonus of being able to earn while you learn
- Safely make therapeutic blends using over 40 individual essential oils and 15 fixed/carrier oils
- Deliver an Aromatherapy full body massage treatment.
- Understand the benefits and contraindications to Aromatherapy Massage, including the hazards and toxicity of essential oils
- Understand the chemistry of both aromatic and carrier/vegetable oils
- Understand the history and origins of Aromatherapy Massage
- Understand how the oils are absorbed by the body and how the sense of smell works
- Appreciate how aromatic plants are cultivated, how essential oils are extracted and how they can subsequently be adulterated
- Understand the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic properties of both essential oils and carrier oils
- Understand the botany and botanical origins of aromatic plants
- Understand the latest research into the effectiveness of both Aromatherapy and Massage
- How to apply essential oils using methods other than massage
- Undertake 60 case study treatments
- Undertake homework in your own time – including assignments, case studies (as above), a Business Plan Estimated home study time is 430 hours over the year (this includes Anatomy & Physiology)
- Learn how to set up and run a successful therapy business.
- We don’t just want you to be a great Aromatherapist, we want you to be a successful Aromatherapist!
The course begins right now – as soon as we receive your deposit, you may start the ITEC Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology course, then two months before the course starts you are sent the ITEC Massage course projects so that these have time to be completed before the course starts. With homework during the course and lots of practice between lessons, we want to give you as much time as possible to assimilate the information. We are the top training complementary therapy school in the area for Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Sports Massage.
Combine learning a professional massage with the added benefit of becoming a professional aromatherapist who can safely blend powerful and fragrant oils (called a prescription/recipe) to treat a wide range of physical and emotional problems – so you will have a choice to personalise each massage to your client by either giving them a massage or an aromatherapy massage (different prices) You can use this unique blend on your client when you massage with the added bonus of being able to give (or sell to) your client this same recipe in creams, lotions and oil bases to take home to use in between treatments to help with stress, anxiety, rheumatic pains, PMT, skin complains and many, many more.
Please look at these Dropdowns below – there is so much in this course!
Why train with us.
You will learn in a small class with up to 8 students only:
- Anatomy & Physiology all included in the price
- ITEC Level 3 Massage is included in the price and therefore you will be able to earn whilst you continue to learn.
The ITEC exams are taken 3 months after you join the course.
- Learn how to market and advertise your practice
- You will be able to join the prestigious International Federation of Aromatherapists!
You will also have
- Top Professional Aromatherapist Dawn who runs her own business will be teaching you
- Student website support area with downloads
- Student class Face Book group for easy and quick communication and help between classes
- Professionally equipped practical and theory room with rest facilities
- Complete support during the course and when you graduate
- Help to understand marketing and advertising of your new business
- Free car parking!
- Jackie runs regular Holistic Therapy Group meetings to encourage and motivate with professional speakers from the world of therapies
As well as a solid foundation – we encourage dynamic learning in the field and also encourage you to expand beyond the limits of the syllabus during your stay with us. We want you to fly when you leave and have as a successful business as possible.
During the course you will learn how to use pre made bases available from suppliers that can be made into a bespoke product.
Further course information.
The syllabus includes:
- Routes into the body for essential oils
- Extraction, countries of origin, therapeutic properties,
use care and storage of essential oils, resins and absolutes
- The Therapeutic and Energetic properties of 40 essential oils and their applications in Aromatherapy practice
- Massage sequence, and physical and psychological benefits
- Classical movements involved in body Massage
- Treatment of specific diseases and disorders either using
essential oils with massage and/or giving clients products
you have blended yourself with cream/lotion/oil bases
- Blending and percentage guidelines
- The science of essential oils – Botany, Extraction and Production, Chemistry and Potential Hazards
- Historical development, the pioneers of Aromatherapy and the modern principles of Aromatherapy
- Skin care
- Holistic consultation and the therapeutic relationship
- Stress management
- Introduction to other therapies
- Importance of nutrition
- Professional presentation/promotion
- Code of Ethics and Practice
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Aromatherapists
- Olfaction – the sense of smell, and psychological benefits of the scents of essential oils
- The art of the perfumer – essential oils odor classification
- The traditional blending approach, volatility and the notes systems, blending ratio and dosage
- The study of carrier/vegetable oils and other carriers suitable for Aromatherapy blends
- Designing a treatment plan and a course of treatments for clients
- Creating and maintaining a professional environment to practice, ensuring that all necessary safety and hygiene regulations are respected
- Introduction to evidence-based research
- The therapeutic relationship between therapist and client and maintaining a journal of reflective practice
- Professionalism and business studies to name a few
- The course also includes learning how to blend essential oils with other natural products to create fragrant aromatherapy face and body care items
Assessment and Examinations
On completion of the course curriculum students are required to illustrate their knowledge by sitting the JHS School examinations for the theory and the practical element of the course, as a kite mark of professionalism.
There will be external marked practical ITEC Massage exam and also practical ITEC Aromatherapy exams.
The practical assessment includes setting up a therapeutic environment, taking a client’s details and medical history, designing a treatment plan and choosing suitable essential oils, demonstrating client care, demonstrating massage skills and performing an Aromatherapy massage in front of the examiner.
Case Studies – students will provide case studies as instructed by their tutor, as evidence of learning
Principles (Other Therapies) Project
Reflective practice – in the form of a journal to ensure awareness of the scope and limitations of the practice of Aromatherapy and of the importance of reviewing their work
What our students say
‘Thanks again for a really useful session… I found it really useful getting feedback from a fellow student. I think you’re a brilliant tutor – always so positive and encouraging and cheerful! I do seriously think you are doing a grand job! (I’m not just trying to be a ‘girly swat’!) 😉
Have a great summer.’ Sandra x
‘Lorraine has been a superb teacher! and I have thoroughly enjoyed learning with her and am so pleased I have done this course with her. She has answers every question I have asked! Thank you!’
‘Very very good teacher! Positive and enthusiastic about the course making it more enjoyable to do’
‘I love learning the names of the oils , didn’t think I would ever remember them. Loved learning the routine and meeting some new people.’ Kelly Symonds
‘Lorraine is an excellent tutor encouraging, supportive and helpful. I shall really miss coming to the classes as I’ve learnt so much more than I originally anticipated Thank you. Fantastic course and relaxed easy going atmosphere.’ Lisa Edwards
‘Professionally taught by great tutor – started learning immediately from Day 1 of the course. Hard work but really enjoyable (appreciated realistic advice about level of homework)’ Lesley Knights
‘The course has been taught with great enthusiasm and encouragement. We have been given great support from Lorraine, her teaching has been delivered thoroughly whilst allowing us to enjoy some humour. It is really nice to see Jackie each week which also seems to offer great support. I have really enjoyed this course and will miss meeting up with everyone. Thanks Lorraine for all your help and support. ‘ Deborah Berry
‘I loved learning how to blend different oils to be able to treat a variety of conditions with just one treatment. The combinations are endless and I found this quite fascinating.’ Julie Izzard
Entry Requirements and Extra Costs
There are NO entry requirements, apart from a good standard of english
Students will need to buy a couch in order to practice at home. They cost from £80 and we will give you advice before you purchase.
Towels: approximately £80
Essential oil kit: Approximately £150
Books: approximately £40
Dates Of Course for our next 2021 – 2022 September
3 x Fridays/Saturday/1 x Sunday (Saturdays only from January)
Sept 24, 25, Oct 1, 2, 3, 16,17 , 23, Nov 6, 20
ITEC Anatomy theory exam is taken November 20th 2021
ITEC Massage Exam December, date TBA (will be a weekend date early in the month)
The course continues:
Jan 8, 15, Feb 26 March 26
April 23 May 21 , June 4, 11
Aromatherapy Practical Exam TBA, will be a weekend date in June
The deposit confirms your space on this course. The balance (less discount) or first installment is due on 24th August.
Fees – This course includes Anatomy & Physiology and (as a bonus) a separate Massage Qualification –
£1,950 – £100 discount for early payment brings the cost down to £1,850 overall. £400 deposit then £1,450 balance payable 25th August.
Free instalment plan available. After paying the deposit of £400, the balance of £1,550 maybe paid over 9 months, with the first payment starting 25th August : this would be £173 per month.
Your deposit £400 includes the ITEC Anatomy & Physiology course to enable you to make a start as soon as your payment is completed
Sports Massage Therapy
Anatomy & Physiology